About the Department of Rubber Technology and Polymer
The Rubber Technology Program, which was first opened in 1993, belonged to the Faculty of Agriculture, Rajamangala Institute of Technology Nakhon Si Thammarat Campus. It opened an instruction at the vocational diploma level emphasizing an education in rubber plant science. In 1995, it was separated into the Faculty of Industrial Science to manage an instruction in rubber technology and improved the curriculum in 1999 to focus on science and technology in response to the principal needs of the industry. In 2005, the Faculty of Industrial Science improved its curriculum and opened an instruction at the undergraduate level in rubber technology for the first time – a Bachelor of Science Program and a continuing Bachelor of Science Program. It went on teaching continuously and was combined with Rajamangala Institute of Technology and all institutes under Rajamangala Institute of Technology in the south were changed to Rajamangala University of Technology Srivijaya. On 14 November 2006, it was declared in the ministerial regulations to set up the government sectors so the Faculty of Science and Technology was founded at Rajamangala University of Technology Srivijaya Nakhon Si Thammarat Campus. The former Faculty of Industrial Science then became part of the Faculty of Science and Technology. On 27 August 2009, the university announcement declared the separation of the Rubber Technology and Polymer program from the Department of Industrial Technology into the Department of Technology and Polymer later on.
The Department of Technology and Polymer aims to produce quality graduates who are proficient in rubber technology and polymer to respond to the needs of the community and the society.
1. To produce quality graduates with expertise in rubber technology and polymer,
virtues, and morality.
2. To do research and innovation for community and social development.
3. To develop quality teachers in academic knowledge and qualifications.
4. To give academic services and promote career development in response to the
needs of the society.
5. To preserve religions, conserve the environment and promote Thai culture & local
1. To produce quality graduates with knowledge, professional skills in rubber
technology and polymer, virtues and morality to meet the needs of the labor
market and the society.
2. To develop the organization and management system for increasing teachers’
3. To organize activities in morality, environment, arts and culture.
4. To have projects or academic services which respond to the needs of the
community and the society.
5. To do research for developing a body of knowledge and distributing the technology
to the community.
1. To produce graduates with knowledge and skills in rubber technology and polymer.
2. To do research for improving the instruction, distributing the research study for
developing a body of knowledge and technology distribution to the community and
providing sources for research papers and support for adequate innovation.
3. To give academic services in response to the needs of the society.
4. To raise consciousness in preserving the environment, arts and culture.
5. To promote the development of personnel’s qualifications, academic positions,
professional potential development and academic textbook production.
6. To use the QA Srivijaya system in the department.
7. To encourage students to have good health, emotional intelligence and service mind
by promoting student activities which enhance virtues, morality, harmonious living
in the society and providing extracurricular activities for professional potential