The Department of Science
About the Department
The Bachelor of Science Program consists of two programs: Industrial Chemistry in Applied Biology Program and a Palm Oil Technology and Oleochemistry Program which is a new course established to manage an education in the Department of Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, Rajamangala University of Technology Srivijaya. The department aims to produce graduates with knowledge and capability in industrial chemistry through both theory and practice. The courses are made in accordance with modern technology to support various industries of the country for continuous development. Regarding the Applied Biology Program, it focuses on producing graduates with knowledge in accordance with modern technology and a rapid progress in evolution to meet the needs of the organization. There are 22 regular teachers, one teacher for further study and four personnel with three school buildings, five lecture rooms and 13 laboratories. The Department of Science is situated in Laboratory 4, Laboratory 7 and the Faculty of Science and Technology Building.
The Department of Science aims to produce quality graduates with leadership, virtues, and morality and to build a body of knowledge in science and technology.
1. To produce quality graduates in science and technology with virtues and morality.
2. To do research, invention and innovation for developing the community, society
and the country.
3. To develop personnel’s academic qualifications with professional ethics.
4. To give academic services and develop careers in response to the needs of the
5. To preserve the religion, conserve the environment and promote local wisdom,
Thai arts & culture.
Courses and Instruction Programs
The three programs provided by the department of science are:
1. a 4-year Bachelor of Science Program (B.Sc. in Applied Biology)
2. a 4-year Bachelor of Science Program (B.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry)
3. a 4-year Bachelor of Science Program (B.Sc. in Palm Oil Technology and